Business Assistant - 25 hours a week
The Hawth Theatre, West Sussex
The Hawth, Crawley opened in 1988 and is managed by Parkwood Theatres on behalf of Crawley Borough Council under the terms of a management agreement. The Business & Finance section is responsible for all financial, HR and contract management for the venue.
- We’re looking for a candidate to join our friendly team. You’ll be an important part of our operation and will benefit from working in a great environment.
- The Business Assistant will focus day to day on the following tasks:-
- To process and monitor ordering/payment of goods and services.
- To process, organise and monitor Statutory Compliance within the venue.
- To deal with external and internal customers/suppliers regarding the above.
- To produce accurate reports, documents and information relevant to the business.
- To assist the Business & Finance Manager with General Office Administration.
- To assist in the secure storage of confidential and other sensitive information.
- To liaise with other service managers within the venue, Head Office, appropriate Client Officers and service contractors to ensure any issues are overcome as a priority.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required by the General Manager to ensure the business objectives of the contract are achieved.
- Experience of working in a busy office/finance/administration role is essential.
Among the personal characteristics sought the applicant should be:-
- Enthusiastic & hard working.
- Able to build strong relationships with customers, suppliers, clients and employees.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to stay calm under pressure to manage the workload to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Must have an independent, positive approach to problem solving.
- Must have a good level of communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A good team player with the ability to work independently.
- Able to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Numeracy, literacy and IT skills appropriate to the successful fulfilment of the post.
What can Parkwood Theatres offer you?
Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high st vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities.
Training and development
A full job description is available upon request.
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.