We are looking for a good home cook, or someone wanting to get into the catering industry. If you enjoy cooking and want to work for a fun centre based in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park our centre is the place for you!
Location - Dolygaer (CF48 2UR)
Parkwood Outdoors Dolygaer is a multi activity centre that aims to deliver fun, educational and high quality services to our customers. The company also prides itself on its exemplary health and safety record and commitment to staff. Parkwood Outdoors Dolygaer facilities and services provide a diverse range of activities to suit most ages and has 3 different types of 3 and 4 star accommodation to sleep up to 80 people. There is also a classroom, a cafe and 14.5 acres of land nestled in the National Park.
The position of cook
Requires the desire and ability to make a difference, a passion for food and solid organisational skills. Help the Chef with the quality and standard of food, profitability and the day to day operation of the kitchen. Work patterns will need to be flexible.
The Cook will focus day to day on the following tasks
- Helping cook homely good food for a variety of customers, including school groups, families and adult parties.
- Once trained work on your own to deliver certain services and meals
- To take responsibility for your own Health & Safety and follow safe working practices
- To ensure all cleaning procedures are followed at all times.
- To report any safety issues or concerns that may arise.
- To attend training as required for the role.
- To be presentable at all times.
- To carry out any task that may be relevant to your role as directed by the management team.
Among the personal characteristics sought the applicant:
- Be reliable with a professional attitude
- Be able to work to a schedule
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to work using their own initiative
- Be punctual
What can Parkwood Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
If you're interested in this position then apply now by emailing your CV to Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion