- Posted 17 May 2023
- Job type Permanent, Full Time
- DisciplineFront of House
Event Coordinator - Riviera
Riviera International Centre, Torquay
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the events industry, and would like to join an organisation that prides itself on providing exceptional customer journeys, in both the events and leisure sides of the business.
The Riviera International Centre is an iconic destination site in the South West with extensive conferencing and event facilities, including a conference auditorium, arena/exhibition hall and additional meetings and function rooms.
We are looking for an individual, ideally with some experience in the events or hospitality industry (although this is not essential), to coordinate and oversee events and functions at the RIC. To be successful in this role you will have a strong work ethic, possess an eye for detail and be proactive and flexible. The role will require a hands on and structured approach to all tasks
- To coordinate events from the planning stages through to delivery of the events.
- To maintain regular communication with event clients.
- To carry out event related administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- To liaise with, and support the Food & Beverage Team to achieve the above.
- To help maintain a high standard of service throughout the department.
- To help maintain a high level of Health & Safety within the department.
- Will ideally have experience in the events and/or hospitality industry
- Will possess a friendly, approachable and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Will be passionate about providing exceptional customer care.
- Will have a keen eye for detail and be able to multitask.
- Will be flexible - evening and weekend work will apply.
- Will be computer literate.
- Will have a desire to overachieve in a challenging but rewarding industry.
What can Lex Leisure offer you?
Incremental annual leave
Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
Employee health cash plan
Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
Company sick pay
Training and development
Lex Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
About Lex Leisure
Lex Leisure seeks to operate leisure venues on a commercial basis with a view to generating a surplus that can be used for our principal objective of supporting those who are disabled, physically or mentally or who require support or bespoke care plans to stay physically active. Lex Leisure, working with key partners, wants to empower disabled people to take a more active role in all aspects of sport and physical activity and for our facilities to be more inclusive and to provide a greater range of sporting opportunities for disabled people.