Event Sales Manager - Pavilion Gardens, Buxton
The Events Sales Manager will focus day to day on the following tasks
- Developing the commercial use of the venue(s) for hired events by third party organisations.
- Research, identify and approach suitable organisations that have the capacity to utilise the venue.
- To act as the main point of contact for show rounds and site visits
- To ensure all customers receive excellent customer service throughout the enquiry, sales and booking interaction.
- Account manage clients and bookings and ensure operational staff are suitably informed and managed to deliver high quality events
- To review, implement and manage processes and procedures to ensure all necessary colleagues have the correct information to enable the successful operational delivery of each event/wedding.
- To ensure that a positive income stream is achieved via marketing, networking and any other events
- To ensure that activities are carried out in a cost-effective manner
- Help support the General Manager with an effective Events and wedding marketing plan.
- Maintain administration of bookings in the wedding/events calendar
- Cooperate with other departments to maximise income from catering at events, weddings and functions
- Represent Pavilion Gardens at appropriate local and regional business associations and networking events
- To keep abreast of new technology and operating systems related to his/her range of duties and responsibilities
- Whilst the working hours will predominantly be weekdays there will be a requirement where necessary for evening, weekend as required for the business, predominantly based around the successful delivery of events.
- In terms of time split 85% will focus on events/weddings and 15% on supporting activity with Marketing of the events.
- To ensure all Health & Safety procedures and responsibilities are carried out at all times
- Occasional key holding as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to ensure that the business objectives of the contract are achieved
Qualifications, skills and knowledge
The successful candidate will be educated ideally to a BTEC/ A Level / NVQ standard in the relevant area.
ICT skills in the use of spreadsheets and word documents are essential. A proven ability in the use of specialist sales and marketing software is desirable, although additional training will be provided.
The candidate will also require excellent communication skills including the ability to produce relevant reports and press releases.
The candidate will ideally have strong sales and event coordination experience in a wedding and conference venue/visitor attraction. It would be desirable if the candidate has a personal license and First Aid at Work qualification. However full training will be provided where necessary.
You will be an experienced Event/Wedding Manager from a venue ideally with events, conference or visitor attractions facilities/venues. You will be able to demonstrate your previous successful sales development and your ability to regularly meet and/or exceed targets. Additionally you will be a strong networker, negotiator and relationship builder with a confident, energetic and strategic ethic to your work.
Among the personal characteristics sought the applicant will demonstrate:
- Significant proactive sales experience in an events environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Target driven and ambitious
- Experienced in tracking return on investment
- Experience of managing a budget
- Customer focused and a good team player
- Empathetic and solutions focused
- Some understanding of marketing for events/venues and use of websites & social media for the promotion of events and weddings.
- Must be able to gain acceptance and respect from clients and the teams involved
- Must be able to build strong relationships with customers, clients and employees
- Must have an independent, positive approach to problem-solving
- Must be able to demonstrate clear identification with all customer requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also on own initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Numeracy, literacy and IT skills appropriate to the successful fulfilment of the post
- Desirable Personal Licence Holder(full training will be given to successful candidates where required).
The position of Events Sales Manager may be classed as a regulated post and therefore may require a DBS Disclosure. Where the individual does not already hold a DBS check, it may be necessary for the post holder to be submitted for a DBS check.
What can Parkwood Leisure offer you?
● Competitive salary
● Generous annual leave
● Free gym membership for you
● Employee health cash plan
● Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
● Cycle to Work scheme
● Pension Scheme
Parkwood Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity. If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion