Technical Facilities Manager
Up to £45,000 per annum
Cardiff International Pool
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a not for profit charitable organisation committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Building Asset Manager/Project Manager/ Mechanical Electrical Engineer to join the most prestigious leisure facility in Cardiff. You will be working on all aspects of maintenance and life cycle investment at Cardiff International Pool in Cardiff Bay.
This is a hybrid role incorporating elements of Life cycle and Maintenance management, Project Management and Property Asset Management and would suit a well rounded construction professional with a building surveying and/or mechanical and electrical engineering background. The position is located at Cardiff International Pool and is a site based role.
The post holder will be required to;
- To lead Lifecycle, investment and maintenance works at Cardiff International Pool, specifying, procuring and managing contracts and contractors as required
- Organisation and management of Building Health & Safety and statutory compliance maintaining full records, certification and compliance details as required
- Responsible for the daily effective running of the site's plant rooms and oversight of the site maintenance technicians ensuring day to day maintenance is carried out in the context of ensuring the best possible lifecycle and customer outcomes for the building
- Fault diagnosis, reporting and correction of plant and machinery
- Oversight and management of all contractors on site carrying out works including checking works and outcomes completed
- Work closely with Energy Manager and Energy Project Manager to oversee energy efficiency initiatives and programmes implementing and managing changes to plant, equipment and centre practices and procedures as required.
The post holder will preferably hold 18th Edition electrical qualification, City + Guilds 2381 – 01 or equivalent qualification and have good experience of or working knowledge of pool filtration and air conditioning and mechanical systems.
A Pool Plant Operators qualification is desirable but not essential as training will be provided for the best candidate.
Must be able to meet the demands of the role by working additional hours when required.
Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
Must be able to work on site in Cardiff
What can Legacy Leisure offer you?
Incremental annual leave
Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
Employee health cash plan
Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
Cycle to Work scheme
Company sick pay
Training and development
Legacy Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
About Legacy Leisure
Established to support a national legacy following the Olympics, Legacy Leisure seeks to educate, inspire and support physical activity, to enhance the lives of our patrons and enable long term positive lifestyle changes. Legacy Leisure is passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of our patrons, and aims to offer a diverse range of physical and cultural activities that will engage and invigorate communities, be it through sport, the arts or other activities.
For more information visit www.legacyleisure.org.uk